Easy. Delish. Great for meal prep! Swedish Meatballs are a slightly sweet meatball flavored with spices such as nutmeg and allspice. My clients love these!
I personally enjoy these Swedish Meatballs with wild rice cooked in bone broth and a little ghee and baby garlic broccoli! Such a warm and satisfying combo, perfectly balanced with protein, fat, and fiber.
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp bone broth
- 3 tbsp almond flour or gluten free bread crumbs
- 1 lbs ground pork, turkey, or beef
- 3 tbsp onion minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp allspice
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 ½ tbsp ghee
- ½ tbsp gluten free flour
- 1 ⅓ cup chicken stock
- 1 tsp coconut sugar
- ½ tbsp lemon juice
- Combine the egg, bone broth, breadcrumbs and let sit for 2 minutes. Then add in the meat, onions, salt, baking powder, and spices. Mix until well combined.
- Preheat oven to 350 °F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Using a small scoop or by hand, form into small meatballs. Bake for 15-20 minutes until internal temperature reaches 165 °F.
To Make the Sauce
- In a small saucepan, whisk together ghee and gluten-free flour over medium heat.
- Slowly add the chicken stock while whisking, then reduce chicken stock. Reduce down to slightly thickened sauce, taste for seasoning. Add the lemon and any additional seasoning if necessary.
- Add the cooked meatballs to the sauce and toss.
- Garnish with fresh thyme once plated. Enjoy!