This recipe was born out of me trying to clean my fridge out but it ended up delicious and I can’t wait to share with you all! I love not wasting food and it’s always a great way to stay creative in the kitchen. Who would have thought brussel sprouts would make killer nachos?!
I can’t wait to hear what you think about this unique nacho recipe!
Brussel Sprouts: Brussels sprouts are low in calories but high in fiber, vitamins and minerals. Their high fiber content helps support regularity and gut health. Brussels sprouts also contain alpha-lipoic acid, an antioxidant that’s been researched extensively for its potential effects on blood sugar and insulin. Insulin is a hormone that’s responsible for transporting sugar from your blood to your cells to keep your blood sugar levels under control.
Tips from Chef Michaela
Don’t be afraid to get creative in the kitchen! It’s amazing what you can do with odds and ends in your fridge. Another great way to eliminate food waste with odds and ends in your fridge is to make soups or stews. Anything goes in the kitchen!
Brussel Sprout Nachos
- ½ lbs brussel sprouts
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- salt and pepper
- 6 sweet peppers or 1 bell pepper chopped
- protein of choice (shredded chicken, pork, ground beef or beans) pre-cooked
- shredded cheese of choice (I used pepper jack)
- salsa and guacamole for topping
- Siete Tortilla chips for serving
- Slice the brussel sprouts and toss with avocado oil, salt, and pepper. Roast at 350 °F for 25 minutes.
- Add chopped peppers.
- Add protein of choice.
- Top with shredded cheese of choice.
- Pop in the oven at 350 °F for about 10 minutes to heat then switch to broil for 5 minutes to get extra melty. Watch closely though, as you don't want it to burn!
- Top with salsa and guacamole. Serve with Siete Grain free tortilla chips. Enjoy!