Molten Chocolate Lava Cakes are my all time favorite dessert. They’re easy to whip up, gooey & delicious, and you’ll impress people with your magic molten skills! I’ve also found a way to make these bad boys gluten-free & mostly dairy free. Make these for your next date night, birthday dinner, or when you’ve got that sweet tooth and need something easy!
Molten Chocolate Lava Cakes
- Silicone Cupcake Molds or Foil Cupcake Liners
- 5 ounces 70% dark chocolate (to make dairy free, use dairy free chocolate)
- 8 T ghee or unsalted butter
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 full eggs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 T Bobs Red Mill Gluten Free 1-1 Baking Flour
- pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 450F. Melt your chocolate and ghee or butter together over a double boiler until completely smooth.
- In a bowl whisk egg yolks and eggs with sugar until light yellow.
- Very slowly drizzle the chocolate mixture into the egg mixture while whisking vigorously so the eggs are slowly warmed and do not scramble.
- Whisk in the 1 T flour and pinch of salt.
- If your feeling daring invert the mold onto a plate for a free-standing lava cake like in the picture. I hope you enjoy this blissful chocolate dessert as much as I do!