I think we’re all trying to avoid the Flu like the plague this season and this Turmeric Tonic is bound to help! It supports and strengthens your immune system so should you come close to anyone with the flu, your body will be stronger when it comes to fighting it off. Protect yourself with a shot of Turmeric Tonic a day to keep that doctor away!
Anti-inflammatory Turmeric Shots
- 3 inches fresh ginger
- 5 inches fresh turmeric
- 16 ounces coconut water (we love the brand Harmless Harvest)
- 1 lemon juiced
- pinch black pepper
- Wash the fresh ginger and turmeric. No need to remove the skin!
- In a blender, add the coconut water along with the turmeric and ginger.
- Blend on high for about 45 seconds.
- Set a mesh strainer over a bowl (glass or dark plastic, the turmeric will stain!) and pour the contents of the blender into the strainer and stir with a dark-colored spatula until all the liquid is out of the pulp.
- Discard the pulp and place strainer back over the bowl. Juice the lemon over the strainer.
- Remove strainer and add a few grinds of fresh black pepper into the tonic (increases turmeric absorption by 2,000%)
- Next pour this mixture into an air tight container and store in the fridge for up to 7 days.
- Enjoy about 1-2 ounces per day as a shot or in a cup of hot water (also helps with absorption!) and always enjoy with a meal that contains fats, which you guessed it, helps with absorption!